Looking to Join the CELS Program?
CELS currently provides language, cultural contextualization, and interpretation services for city government, corporations, and private entities that help improve communication, understanding, and civic engagement.
Through this project, we are looking to specifically add people with communication disabilities to CELS to provide testing of digital content (primarily documents produced in Word, PowerPoint, or as PDFs).
Ideal document testers are community members within the Portland Metro area who:
- Live with communication disabilities
- Have experience working with the Microsoft Office Suite and understand what makes a file accessible or inaccessible.
- Desire flexible, periodic work.
Benefits of Joining
- Hourly range: $30-$60 depending on experience.
***Please note hours are not guaranteed and vary greatly. While we hope to see demand for accessibility review increase, this may start out as very infrequent work.
- By providing important testing of electronic documents, you will help ensure the greater availability of accessible content in our community.
- Depending on your skillset and community needs you may be able to work in a community engagement liaison role beyond testing electronic documents for accessibility.
The Process for Expressing Interest
- If you are interested, contact admin@Celsservices.com. Please let us know if you are interested in testing Word, PowerPoint, or PDF documents. You may choose more than one document type.
- We will send you one document for each of the formats you are interested in testing.
- When you have evaluated the document(s) for accessibility, send us a report on what was inaccessible in the document(s) you tested. Be as specific as possible.
- Your feedback will be evaluated and if selected, you’ll move on to an interview. If all goes well, you will be asked to complete a couple of forms to ensure you can be paid. If you need assistance completing the forms, it will be provided.
- Once you are enrolled in the CELS program, you will be contacted when your services are needed. Thank you.